Position: Urban Policy Research Consultant
Location: Gurgaon, India
Safetipin (www.safetipin.com) is a social organisation working with a wide range of urban stakeholders including governments to make public spaces safer and more inclusive for women. We use apps, big data and backend systems to collect data on factors linked to urban safety and inclusion. Our data is used by individuals, city governments and other urban stakeholders to help design, build and manage cities to make them safer, inclusive and accessible to all. We are a small multi-disciplinary group of social scientists, architects, urban planners and technologists.
About the role:
We are looking for a researcher with a background in policy, social science and urban studies to join our
team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research, analyzing data, and writing
reports on policy recommendations related to urban issues.
• Quantitative and Qualitative research pertaining to addressing the gaps in urban policy, planning and governance on topics such as transportation, housing, urban safety, women empowerment and economic development.
• Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, including government reports, academic studies, and stakeholder surveys. Monitor and evaluate the implementation and impact of urban policies and initiatives.
• Design research tools and conduct data collection including survey/interview/ FGD questionnaires and observations.
• Create policy recommendations based on research findings and analysis. Communicate research findings and policy recommendations to a range of audiences through reports, presentations, and briefings.
• Stay informed of new policies, regulations, and legislation related to urban issues.
• Writing research reports and academic papers, including conducting literature reviews and synthesizing findings.
• Collaborate with the program team in writing reports as per the monitoring and evaluation requirements. Assist in the preparation and submission of research grant proposals.
• Master’s degree or Ph.D. in public policy, social sciences, economics, urban planning, or a related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in urban policy analysis or a related field.
• Strong research and analytical skills to think critically and creatively to develop innovative policy solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to present complex policy recommendations to a range of audiences.
• Familiarity with urban policy issues and trends, particularly in women’s safety, empowerment and economic development.
• Understanding of policy implementation and evaluation, including knowledge of program evaluation methods and performance metrics.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Interest in gender equality, urbanisation and social change.
Interested Candidates can submit their resume an cover letter detailing their relevant experience in urban
policy analysis to email@example.com. Please include Urban Policy Research Consultant
Application in the subject line.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We encourage applications
from all backgrounds and experiences.