Position: Program Associate (Urban/ Transport)
Type of employment: Full-time
Location: Gurgaon, India
Safetipin (www.safetipin.com) is a social organisation working with a wide range of urban stakeholders including governments to make public spaces safer and more inclusive for women. We use apps, big data and backend systems to collect data on factors linked to urban safety and inclusion. Our data is used by individuals, city governments and other urban stakeholders to help design, build and manage cities to make them safer, inclusive and accessible to all. We are a small multi-disciplinary group of social scientists, architects, urban planners, designers and technologists.
About the role
We are seeking a candidate with research/ work experience in urban planning or transport to join our team as Program Associate. The candidate will support the team through primary and secondary data collection, analysis and reports. The candidate will work closely with the team to liaise with government stakeholders, prepare deliverables, communicate results, and support the internal team across
projects. We are looking for detail-oriented people who are keen on working in the domain of data for social change.
• Undertaking site visits for audits, surveys, documentation, collecting primary and secondary data
• Analysis and representation of quantitative, qualitative and spatial data.
• Assisting team in preparation of project proposals, illustrations, reports and presentations related to projects.
• Engaging and collaborating with various stakeholders and partners across the urban and transport sector
• Support research and analysis required for the projects in preparation of internal and external communications pieces
• Contribute to writing reports, articles, brochures, newsletters, and updates of the website, and social media. Desired Skills and
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or Design or Transport Planning
• Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in relevant field.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with a working knowledge of analysis of data & visualization
• Working knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
• Experience with data collection, research & analysis.
• Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders including government officials, private sector, civil society institutions, and research institutions.
• Excellent organizational verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to juggle multiple assignments with little supervision.
• Willing to travel for work.
• Interested in working on the intersection of gender and social equity.
Interested applicants can share their CV, Cover Letter and work samples at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line- Job: Program Associate. Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.