Position: Partnerships and Communications Manager
Type of employment: Full-time / Part-time
Safetipin is a social organisation working with a wide range of urban stakeholders including governments to make public spaces safer and more inclusive for women. We use apps, big data and backend systems to collect data on factors linked to urban safety and inclusion. Our data is used by individuals, city governments and other urban stakeholders to help design, build and manage cities to make them safer,
inclusive and accessible to all. We are a small multi-disciplinary group of social scientists, architects, urban planners and technologists.
About the role:
The Partnerships and Communications Manager’s role entails developing and executing strategies to build relationships with key stakeholders, partners, media, and the public. This includes developing and implementing our communications strategy, creating content for our website and social media channels, and managing campaigns to build brand awareness.
• Develop and manage relationships with strategic partners
• Monitor industry trends to inform and develop communication strategies to engage various stakeholders.
• Manage media relations including interviews, documentaries, press releases, etc.
• Plan and coordinate various on-ground events and online (webinars/ tweet chats/ podcasts etc.) campaigns.
• Create content for press releases, newsletters, social media posts, website copy, etc. Liaise with internal teams to ensure consistency of messaging and brand image across all channels.
• Track the performance of campaigns/events against key metrics such as engagement rate and ROI. Analyze user feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelors or master’s degree in communications, media or related fields
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications and related roles.
• Experience in digital marketing or content creation.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
• Interest in gender equality, urbanisation and social change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Software knowledge: Photoshop, Canva, Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of Premier Pro is an additional asset.
Interested applicants can share their CV, Cover letter and work samples at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line- Job : Partnerships and Communications Manager
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.