Position– Communications Associate
Duration/Type of employment– Full time
Location – Gurgaon
Safetipin is social enterprise based in Gurgaon working to make public spaces and cities safer and more inclusive. We use apps, big data and backend systems to collect data on factors linked to urban safety and inclusion. Our data is used by individuals, city governments and other urban stakeholders to help design, build and manage cities to make them safer, inclusive and accessible to all. We are a small multi-disciplinary group of social scientists, architects, urban planners and technologists.
About the role:
The Communications Associate will work closely with the program team. The role entails developing and managing communication and outreach initiatives, liaising with partners, and supervising on-ground and online events. The primary responsibility of this role is content creation which involves writing, editing, and proofreading. Digital outreach, website maintenance and on-ground event support are additional responsibilities. We would like someone with an interest in gender equality and urban development to apply for this position.
• Ideating, developing, editing and writing content for communication material such as brochures, posters, newsletters promotional emails, fliers, social media kit etc.
• Create social media infographics and posts and disseminate our research data across various social media channels.
• Coordinate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders within and outside the organization.
• Document all on ground activities and facilitating different webinars, tweet chats.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, media management or related discipline.
• Minimum 2-3 years of full-time experience.
• Interest in Gender equality, urbanisation and social change.
• Ability to work in start-up culture and cross functional teams.
• Excellent writing skills and editing skills in English.
• Basic familiarity with design software, especially Canva is an added benefit.
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills
List of Documents to be attached: Cover letter, CV and Portfolio and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.